Re: Air Filter

To: "Thomas L. Burgin" <tburgin1@cox.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Filter
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 13:48:04 -0800 (PST)
You do not say which KN's you bought. Are they the replace emtn filters for the
stock SU air filter cans or are they the conical filters? The conical filters
are what people have been using to fit around the servo. If you got the cans
then Moss should take them back and send you the correct ones. If you are not
satisfied with customer service there, contact Craig Cody there. He is (or was)
in charge of the call center and is another LBC freak as many of them are. He
has a very good record of working to keep us happy (as many at Moss do).
  FWIW
  Carl French

"Thomas L. Burgin" <tburgin1@cox.net> wrote:
  After three weeks I changed my 1980 MGB Zenith Carbs to SU 135's. I
purchased a new fair of KN air filter from Moss Motors. I was told
the these would fit. When bolting on the rear filter the chrome
outer cover was against the vacuum boost of the brake master
cylinder. I need a filter that bolt on without moving the engine or
the master cylinder. I like the looks of the filters, but something
would brake later.

Has any one gone through this? If so what is the solution? I would
like to have a good airflow filter. I call the KN expert and I do
think he can do anything to look up parts numbers and take orders.

Thomas L. Burgin