RE: Clutch Slave Cylinder

To: "James Schulte" <schultejim@msn.com>, "Pat Harris - \"sammler\""
Subject: RE: Clutch Slave Cylinder
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:16:55 -0800
Sorry, but I didn't see the original post, or I would have chimed in.

Moss is carrying the two different slave cylinders for the MGB.

180-720 is a AP/Lockheed Casting, in basically a white box with an AP
sticker on it. It's the closest thing to original currently on the
market. It no longer has the steel retaining ring holding on the dust
seal as this was superseded a number of years ago.

180-715 is branded Classic Gold, which is the Moss Motors house brand
and is made to Moss Motors specifications. It is an accurate
reproduction of the original style slave cylinder that used a steel ring
to locate the dust seal. The casting finish is not quite as nice as the
AP one, but it is functional.

I've pulled both to bits and inspected them and am pretty comfy
recommending the more cost effective Classic Gold product. That's what
I'm using in my own car, and will be installing in my neighbor's
brother's 1969 MGB soon.

Most of the parts I put on my own car are the cheaper generic products,
as I want to make sure they fit and perform properly. So far I haven't
had a problem with any of them.

Hope this helps.

Kelvin.