RE: 1980 MGB spark advance

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1980 MGB spark advance
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 23:33:11 -0500
Thomas, the procedure (as I understand it) is to disconnect the vacuum
pipe from the distributor (and plug the pipe), then set the timing (I
thought it was 15 degrees BTDC, but maybe 11 or 12 is good), then
reconnect the pipe.  The box that the pipe connects through is a switch
that only allows the vacuum spark advance to work in 4th gear - many
people bypass this box and use the vacuum advance in all gears, but you
can try it both ways to see what works best for your car.

--Steve