sparking 1980 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: sparking 1980 MGB
From: "Thomas L. Burgin" <tburgin1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:37:26 -0600
I have been trying to get the engine to run smooth after a change of
carburetors.  I could not get it to run right. The engine would miss
and not run smooth as it did with the weber. I have got the timing
right and set the valves.  I started the engine and could just keep it running.

Then I noticed that a spark between the carburetors and brake
cylinder.  I was a high voltage spark.  I still not sure why it was
there.  I check the ground strap and the ohm meter said it was
grounded.  I check the engine block and the brake cylinder and they
were grounded.

What could cause a spark and what should I do about It?

Thomas L. Burgin