Re: [Mgs] Overdrive oil

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Overdrive oil
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 16:38:56 -0700
Engine oil. Most people will tell you 20w50. I am using 30wt in that same
transmission, on the theory that multigrade is irrelevant to a transmission,
and breaks down faster (how often do you change your transmission oil?). It
probably really doesn't matter so long as you don't use synthetic, and you
don't use 80/90 wt gear oil.

But this question seems to have religious overtones, so I am preparing for
flames...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149