Re: [Mgs] Gasket sealants

To: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Gasket sealants
From: "Richard Ewald" <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 01:52:02 -0700
Hylomar is excellent at sealing large paper gaskets.  It is one of the few
products that will seal Old Jag cam cover gaskets.  Hylomar is available
from Mr. Gasket.
If you don't intend on disassembling it again 3M super weatherstrip adhesive
(yellow gorilla snot) is bullet proof if properly applied.  I did the tappet
covers on my B with them.  About 50,000 miles later I noticed a leak.  I
looked and found that one of the bolts had loosened up and fell out.  the
leak was from the bolt hole, not the gasket area.
Gasgachinch is also not too bad in sealing large paper gaskets.  Not as good
as the first two, but not bad.
Rick