[Mgs] Oil company - non mg thread

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Oil company - non mg thread
From: "Norm" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:11:44 -0400
Mike says,

"Certainly 10% profit is not unreasonable for a company. You local

car dealer makes more like 30% on a car without an investment - they

borrow to put the cars on their lot."

If any auto company is giving dealers margins that will allow them a 30%
profit, I'm sure there are NADA members who would like to know what
manufacturer or importer that is.  I remember the hue & cry from dealers
back in the '80s when markups were cut from 17% to 15% & then lower.  They
have only gotten worse since.

As for oil company profits, if they are making so many billions in profit,
why are we the people as taxpayers subsidizing the oil companies?

Norm