Re: [Mgs] Brake failure warning switch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Brake failure warning switch
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:03:14 -0800
>>Question for the folks who know brakes:  Should the
>>brake failure warning switch be disassembled to clean
>>it?  Is that even possible?  Or should I just clean
>>and flush it with brake fluid on the workbench until
>>the internal piston moves freely?  Advice?

Moss supplies an inexpensive rebuild kit that contains the piston seals
and, IIRC, a couple of springs. Probably worth doing if you have
everything else apart, but I wouldn't muck around with it unless it was
leaking. It's easy enough to rebuild once you get the thing off. Liquid
wrench and proper flare wrenches will be good friends if you need to
remove it. Most of these things haven't seen any attention since the car
was built so all the fittings tend to be rusted or locked in tight from
thermal cycling.

Cheers,
Dave Ambrose