Re: [Mgs] $25,999 MGB?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] $25,999 MGB?
From: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 18:53:13 -0500
Pix are at www.kjbaudry.com/mgb

Not so much an extra gauge as an extra button under the oil/temp,
probably a starter button unless I miss. There *is* a switch in the
overdrive position, but missing the escutcheon plate. For a show car I'd
want the glove box finish to match the rest of the dash. And I'd
certainly have got rid of the scuff marks on the inner door panels
before taking pictures of a $25k car. The boot lid doesn't fit and it's
got large holes blasted in it for a missing luggage rack that may be
show, but not concours. According to the pix, there's no spare tire and
I see a little surface rust in the upper left corner of the boot. Yes,
the jack and lug wrench are supposed to be black, and there's no mention
of the bags for the tools or the top frame and no mention of a tonneau
and bows and bag for the bows. Looking closely at the passenger seat, I
see the seats were recovered in vinyl long enough ago that there's
already a mend in the squab. All of the above remarks about the engine
bay. Other than that it's a nice car. I'd give maybe $6k. The rear
window is clean. It would have to be a zip down though.

The other two cars mentioned are much nicer. Maybe he just told his wife
he's *trying* to sell it to keep peace in the valley.

Glenn

--
Be careful when you deal with old hippies. They can be real touchy.

        - Ferris Bueller