Re: [Mgs] Dan H.'s Day ?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Dan H.'s Day ?
From: The Roxter <rocknatural@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:57:42 -0600
Barney Gaylord wrote:
> Okay, I tried Copernic Desktop search (free version), it sucks, and I
> don't want to ever see it again.
>
> As usual, free is not such a good deal.  It is obviously just another
> media for pushing paid advertising.  It took me about 30 seconds to
> find the patterns.   It starts with flying banner ads on the opening
> intro page.  For the first few pages of search results 10 of the 20
> line items displayed are sponsored links.  Farther in the ads (so
> far) drop form 50% to 35% of all line items diplayed (7 out of 20 per
> page), but always including 5 of the first 7 items on every page.
>
> Now would you like to buy me the pro copy just to get me to try it again?
I use the Publisher's Clearing House search engine. It's not as deep or
comprehensive as google, so there are less results to dig through, but it
always gets me what I want and I get a free entry into the sweeps each time I
use it. If I search on my name, I get three pages of hits instead of hundreds
of pages.

-The Roxter