Re: [Mgs] Copernic

To: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>,<mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Copernic
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 19:24:32 -0500
David,

I just find the ability to delete useless hits and to be able to save
my search exactly where I got to in my manipulation of the list
absolutely irresistible.  It does not search Google but I find I get
the same hits when I tried it against Copernic.  The real exciting
hits I got with both were in Australia - one supplier called "Purple
Pig" believe it or not, who still makes SilentBloc bushings used on
my 1955 Aston.  So I am very happy with Copernic's search capability.

At 03:53 PM 11/9/2009, Councill, David wrote:
>My test was somewhat unfavorable. I didn't do the Copernic Desktop
>Search because I didn't see the purpose of searching my computer when I
>know where everything is. There is also a different Copernic Search
>program (aka "Copernic Agent") which is what I tried. It wants to create
>a toolbar on IE but then I usually use Firefox. But it also has a
>separate interface for searches as well. I didn't have any advertising
>problems and it searches multiple search engines of which google is not
>included. I don't like or trust google at all but unfortunately they
>still do the best searches, even better than this multi-search engine.
>And it is only a web search. Google can also do a group search (usenet
>to us old timers) which I find handy at times when searching for
>solutions to computer type problems so I still end up using google most
>of the time, until something better comes out.
>
>It has potential but still another thumbs down.
>
>David

Regards

Barrie
(705) 721-9060