Re: [Mgs] Camshaft recommendations

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Camshaft recommendations
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:15:47 -0800
I just had my first extended backroad outing since I installed the new stock
cam in my 66B (SF Pedal Pushers Pullover Rally) and I have to say that the
motor is extremely tractable. There were whole sections of twisties that I
could take entirely in 3rd gear, working from 2500 to 5000 rpm with ease. It
helped that I did not have the additional load of a navigator in this case.
I did install a new double-row cam chain and sprocket at the same time.

I am not sure how a different cam would constitute an improvement without
further developments in breathing or compression (and I already have to run
premium fuel). Breathing is a challenge due to the funky port design.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149