4/4 engine questions

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: 4/4 engine questions
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 11:25:54 +0500
Fellow fiends:

I don't know if this is the first posting on the Morgans list or not; but
here goes:

I have a '67 4/4 with a 120E Ford engine.  I have a few questions regarding
it.  I believe that I have developed a rather serious oil leak at the rear
main.  Unfortunately, my experience with this engine is virtually zero (I've
only owned the mog for about 6 months) and I have been unable to
locate/obtain a good book on the motor's composition, repair etc.

-Is there a good book on the Ford four-bangers that someone can recommend?
I seem to have seen mention in the Motorbooks Intl. catalog in the Ford
section for a book on the Kent engines but haven't ordered it.

-Is there a rear oil seal on this engine (or does it have a 'slinger')?

-If there is an oil seal; what is it made of?  Rubber?  Cork?  Rope?  I've
heard all three and at least two of these must be incorrect.

Cheers,
Will Zehring