Re: Modern electronics on a Morgan

To: BOB NOGUEIRA <NKED65A@prodigy.com>
Subject: Re: Modern electronics on a Morgan
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 21:04:42 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 13 Jan 1996, BOB NOGUEIRA wrote:
> My 64 Morgan has turn signals but they are not the self canceling type
> ( think the factory wanted to be sure that turn signals weren't just a
> passing fad before investing in self canceling type ).  This causes a
> problem since  the noise in the car is such that you can't hear the
> flasher ticking or. for that matter, the other drivers yelling and
> swearing at you for driving down the road with a blinker on.
<Schnapp>
This is a real lame answer on my part, but I have to mention it.
I have seen little beepers being sold for motorcycles for this same
reason. Instead of click-click-click, it goes beep-beep-beep (who woulda
guessed). Agreed, it can get on your nerves and doesn't go too well with a
classic LBC, but it would be much easier to install...

I have totally gotten used to my non-cancelling signals, and now
forget to turn them off only about 10% of the time =:-)

Ulix ("blink-blink-blink-blink-.................")

                      sprite                 caddy