overheating

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: overheating
From: WJBDLB@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 14:44:36 -0500
Hi John

I had the overheating problem with my 4/4 competition just once.  It ocurred
shortly after I purchased the car in 1977 and I tuned it up.  I tuned it to
specs-- clearly the wrong thing to do.

I fussed with the tuning and found I needed quite a bit of advance.  I now
tune the car 14-16 degrees advanced and she runs just fine.  I have not had
an overheating problem since. she had more than enough power and has not
negatively effected the car at all.

I had tried some of the suggestions of the other members on this list also,
but the advancing of the timing seemed to do the trick.

Desi Benet
66 Morgan 4/4 competition
PS  I tried to send this message to you earlier, but it does not appear that
it went thru.  If this is repititious, I am sorry.