Re: tin worm

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: tin worm
From: gdm@po.cwru.edu (David McCoy)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 10:09:08 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Will-Thanks  alot! I'm trying to do my TAXES!!

  Getting
>around to the question: is there something I can do at this stage to stall
>the advancement of this pinhole rust?  Does this call for new wood on the
>doors?  Any advice?

As you know, those pin points are the end of a process not the beginning.
Best way to stop oxidation is to remove contact with air. Might try to oil
up the inside of the skin with something oily.

>I had casually planned to do a makeover on this car, but now for some
>years, and I'm not suggesting that a few pinholes in the door skin
>constitute the sky falling, but I'd like to hear any suggestions.

Actually it probably is a sign of bigger problems IMHO.

Dave

G. David McCoy, PhD                             phone: (216) 368-5963
Department of Environmental Health Sciences       fax: (216) 368-3194
Case Western Reserve University                  email: gdm@po.cwru.edu
School of Medicine
Cleveland, OH 44106