Re: Question On How To Carry A Morgan

To: ebrown@ms.com, Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Question On How To Carry A Morgan
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 17:09:57 -0400
At 01:41 PM 4/21/97 -0400, ebrown@ms.com wrote:
>I know that this is a silly question because Morgans Never Break Down
>Completely, but I must carry my Mog on a trailer, and must fasten it
>down with some of those web straps. The question is: how do you
>fasten the front end of the car down? .....

If you look at the picture in the article titled "My Car" on the
Morgan Web page, you'll see the rig that carries my car around
(sometimes).  When we let the Morgan ride, we tie the rear down
with nylon rope, about 6 to 8 strands at each rear tiedown.  We
start by tying the rope to the tie down in the trailer, then up over
the bumper brackets, down through the tie down and repeat.  Then
tie about a 1/2 dozen half hitches.

The front end, we have 2 short nylon straps tied in a loop.  We
lay the loop over the lower front tube, outboard of the X frame
so we effectively have 4 strands.  Then we use a come-a-long to
the 2 front most tie down pads and sinch it tight.

She made the trip from Va. Beach to Malvern Pa for Mog 25 with no
problem.  That was probably the longest ride she has ever had.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!