Re: Front End (Conclusion?)

To: morgans <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Front End (Conclusion?)
From: Joseph DeLuca <DELUCAJ@mops.wl.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 12:19:01 -0400
>>  Two things I noticed that I'd appreciate comment on:
>>  --the steering seems a tad stiffer after reassembly
>>  --the car doesn't easily return to straight ahead forward motion after a
>>  turn, like it used to.

Hello Will,

I had my pillars replaced several months ago (didn't do it myself so that's why
I didn't offer any tips during your ordeal).  The steering was very stiff at
first, and required input to return to dead center, but it normalized after a
couple hundred miles.

>>  ...the hierarchy of waving.  This is a topic that poses a seemingly
>>  endless number of puzzles to me.  Who deigns to wave to whom?  I've spoken
>>  at length on the wave relationship between MG, Jag, Mog, and TR owners and
>>  won't go into it here.  I was surprised to discover motorcyclists will wave
>>  at Mog drivers.

As for myself, I'll wave to any British machine... even rubber-bumpered MG's.
Bikers wave to you out of professional courtesy for another traveler completely
exposed to the elements (wind, rain, bugs in the teeth, etc.).  They are also
envious that you are not required to wear a helmet while doing this.   It is
perfectly acceptable to wave back.

Happy Motoring,

Joe DeLuca
Sparta, NJ
'62 yellow 4/4

P.S.  I've got my rear wing screwed back in place (with deck screws).  Joyce
and I haven't forgotten to look for an opening to come visit.