RE: windshield holes?

To: "'morgans@Autox.Team.Net'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: windshield holes?
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 11:36:10 -0400
Will,

On my '52 +4, the windshield wiper motor is mounted on the bottom frame
of the windshield.  I didn't check this out last night, and I'm in my
lab at the moment, but I believe the motor housing is bolted through the
glass of the windshield.  There are two rods that go from the windshield
motor housing to the shafts of the two windshield wipers on the "inside"
(driver's side of the windshield) and these shafts then go through holes
in the windshield.  The windshield wipers are mounted on the other end
of the shafts.

When you fold the windshield down, the wiper motor moves along with the
windshield.

Hope this explains it.  I would imagine that all pre '52 Morgans were
built this way and 'm not sure when Morgan started to locate the wiper
motor on the firewall.

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4, P.2473/V.345.ME
'87 Olds Custom Cruiser