Re: Sunday High's in the 40's

To: gdm@po.cwru.edu (David McCoy)
Subject: Re: Sunday High's in the 40's
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 14:03:29 -0500
Dave McCoy writes:

>Sunday afternoon in NE Ohio turned out to be glorious! Temp in the mid 40's
>p sun and lots of leaves on trees and the roads! Hope the rest of you were
>able to enjoy what might have been our last good driving day till spring. I
>was wondering however what  the wind chill factor would be for 55 mph @ 44
>deg F!!

I took me 4/4 out on a drive Friday afternoon, here in west/central NJ.  It
was ruddy stuff, with grey skies, a chill wind, and leaves swirling
everywhere.  Heavy rains were in the forecast.  Just the ticket for a rough
and ready car like the mog.  Top down, side curtains packed away somewhere
in the garage "what are these for, anyway?", heater on full tilt (but,
'why?') and the rumble of my potent 1500cc pushrod four to urge me through
the scenery.  It was fantastic.  Someone will have to explain the whole
scheme to me: why does driving the mog in marginal weather like this seem
utterly and completely appropriate?  If the top were up I'd feel like some
sort of a danged fool.

God I love this car.

Will Zehring