Re: Gas Tank sealers

To: Oddcarnut <Oddcarnut@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Gas Tank sealers
From: Noah Anglin <nlaark@hooked.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 08:02:53 -0800
My +4  4-seater had a leaky tank.  I tried the "sealers" several times over a
period of several years.  I tried several of the "sealers" on the market.  In
the
end, they all failed with small leaks reappearing.

After finally getting tired of taking out the tank, cleaning it, coating it with
the slosh coating, drying it, and putting it back in the car only to a year or
so
later having it start leaking again, I finally decided to really fix it.

I had Steve Miller of Steve Miller Imports in Emoryville CA make me a new tank
of
Stainless Steel.   As Steve said, the SS tank "will outlast you".   Of course, I
have had no leaks in several years now.

Certain problems like a gas leak which can be very dangerous, you are probably
better off really fixing it rather than patching it.

Noah Anglin,  68 +4