RE: Will - flat rad (again)

To: "'William E. Irwin'" <cigrbill@concentric.net>
Subject: RE: Will - flat rad (again)
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 13:57:35 -0400
Bill,

Thanks for posting your reply; you've made my day!  Like you, I bought a
'52+4 flat rad, but seven years after you did.  I didn't realize that
after only five years a Morgan would be a "basket case wannabee."  Like
you, my +52+4 is still under restoration (although some would call it
benign neglect).  To satisfy my craving for driving sports cars, I opted
for an '86 MR2.  (just returned from a  trip to a conference in Edmonton
and a visit to my son in Calgary with a side tour to Banff and Radium
Hot Springs, covering 4000 km in six days, including the conference).

I agree with what you've said, including the bit about sanity. As for
reasons to restore a Morgan, you've hit the nail on the head, "for my
own satisfaction."  As I look back over my life, I realize that cars
have turned into appliances.

If so many Morgan owners replaced their Standard Vanguard engine with a
TR2 engine, there ought to be lots of old Vanguard engines around, I
would think.

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4, P.2473/V.345.ME
'85 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo