Re: muffler

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: muffler
From: Phil Fisher <pcfisher@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 18:47:07 -0800
The muffler saga:

In late 1987 I ordered one of Melvyn Rutter's stainless systems for my 1970
1600 crossflow.  Got the whole works, including the exhaust manifold.
After 17 years (15+ in California), the factory headers had gotten so thin
I was afraid to try to weld anything to it.

To make a short story shorter, it took about 6 years before the sounds
approached original "quality", and now after 11 years of use the 4-seater
has a really enjoyable blaaat.  In a nutshell, I feel it was a good
investment.  Everything still looks nice and clean with just a small amount
of blueing at the headers.

Phil Fisher
1970 4/4 4-seater
1992 Plus 8