165R15

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 165R15
From: tjsouz@epix.net
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 12:44:25 -0800
Hi Folks,
I'm ready to buy tires for the project 1952 +4 four-seater.  Checking
with my local tire shop I found two candidates readily available: Dunlop
SP20 and Firestone F560 (both radials).  It appears either will fit.
Dimensions are: (inches)
                Section Width   Tread   Overall Diam.
Dunlop SP20     6.3             4.4     25.4
Firestone F560  6.6             5.6     24.5

A section width of about 6.5 inches would make a good fit and not rub
the front springs.  Are there other candidate tires and what experience
do you have with 165R15 tires on a Morgan?  I have been using Vredestein
165SR15 tires on my '58 +4 for about 15 years with good results.

Regards, Tony Souza