Plus 8 SD1 engine parts equivalent to GM....?

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Plus 8 SD1 engine parts equivalent to GM....?
From: Naoz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 17:52:25 EST
Can anyone shed some light on the interchangeability of GM parts with the Plus
8 engine? I read somewhere that I can use Buick Skylark 215 c.i. parts, though
I am not sure what model year. Not all parts will fit obviously, but if I can
buy seals, gaskets, etc. from my local autoparts retailer it would be a
delight.

I would appreciate hearing from someone who has determined which parts are
equivalent to a particular GM engine.

Mike Nahar
'79 Plus 8 (Gasoline)
Miami, FL