A useful tool

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: A useful tool
From: TrmpetDave@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 02:06:28 EST
Gerry Willburn's tool guide set me thinking about what I could contribute in a
similar vein. The only thing I can come up with is a serious tip - The REI
camper's headlight. This is a green plastic light with a wide rubber band
which goes around the head, It is powered by four AA cells, and has a very
bright halogen bulb. I have found it much better than the "trouble" light
mentioned in Gerry's list, which usually has to be situated between the
operator's eyes and the work, and upon which I frequently burn my hand,
knocking it into the depths of the engine compartment or to the floor. The REI
light works a treat, and is much superior to the JC whitmney spectacles with
twin lights in the ear pieces, whic is quite pathetic. REI sells several
models-I think mine is mid-range. It is also good for reading at night on
camping trips, and is perfect for oiling motorcycle chains in dark motel
parking lots. Dave Collins, San Diego.