Re: What Tires?

To: <jpavone@vanstar.com>, <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What Tires?
From: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:46:04 -0500
Last year I decided to replace the Michelin radials on my 63 +4. They had
held up very well, but were starting to show wear on the side walls. I
looked at Coker and decided to check with my local tire shop before ordering
from Coker. The local guy had Remington 165/15 radials at much less than the
Michelins from Coker. He told me that they were Dunlops, but when they
arrived, they were Remington. However, they may be made by Dunlop and I put
them on the Moggie. They were in stock at his warehouse, and he had them for
me in a couple of days. He said they are the same size as several models of
VW bugs. I have dealt with Coker and think they are very reliable. But if
you can get a good radial for the Morgan at a substantial savings, why not
do it.