RE: Floorboards

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Floorboards
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:19:24 -0400
Hi all,
I just wanted to pass this information on. When I replaced the floors in my
Morgan, I opted to use a material that is far superior to Marine ply. This
special type of ply wood is used in construction - It is the material that
is used to 'face'  concrete forms for pouring foundations. It comes in a
couple of thickness', 3/8ths and 1/2". It is coated with an epoxy/waxy type
finish on one side that is not only water proof but actually repels water
(like car wax). There are no flaws in the ply, it is super smooth on both
sides and can be painted. It drills, cuts and screws like regular ply.
The company that makes it is called Patent Construction Systems.
I bought a 4x8 sheet of 1/2" for $44. But I only used half of it in my
roadster.
Check your local yellow pages for concrete form suppliers, they should have
the stuff on hand. (they use it to make repairs to panels that get damaged)
If not call the head office and find out where they're nearest supplier is.

Patent Construction Systems
P.O.Box 93250
Chicago, IL. 60678-3250

The phone number for the local office to me in Hartford, CT. is:

Tel: (860) 523-5293       Fax: (860) 523-0583

My contact was Mark Wyskiel

Regards,

Jeff