RE:"Real toilets"

To: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>,
Subject: RE:"Real toilets"
From: "David P. Crandall" <davidc@netwrk.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:08:54 -0400
Chuck - you are on the verge of getting into a major political issue
that  may still surface in our upchucking [sorry, upcoming] presidential
charade.  The question is: how much water is needed to insure a "fresh
bowl".  Some years back our idiot bureaucrats decided that the
then-standard three gallon model was too wasteful and mandated a puny one
and a half gallon model hardly capable of handling the output of a
fully-nourished Morganeer after a monthly noggin, let alone all the regular
folks.  The result, much like that of paper towels and toilet tissue made
of recycled paper, folks used three times as much to achieve the result
that previously was achieved with a single wipe or flush.

Presently, although there are finally some models available [allegedly]
that both meet the US specs and use only the puny 1 1/2 ration, many wise
lads are stealing across the border to your part of the world and snagging
a high-quality 3-galloner that is smuggled across the border.  This
produces the ludicrous situation of new master bathrooms being built that
have hot tubs and hot and cold running bathing wenchs but sport a white $69
throne that will meet the code and stay in just until the certificate of
occupancy is issued then voila!  The "real toilet" is quickly installed to
match the premium tile color scheme etc.

Now, neither candidate has declared himself on this issue, but I'm sure it
will surface before November and could well be pivotal.  Let's hope so,
because otherwise the issues of most importance to Americans are going to
get short shrift with this duo of duds, IMHO.

Regards, David [who has avoided all this by not every building a master
bathroom]

At 04:57 PM 6/19/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Dick,
>
>Two questions:
>How can we keep our cars up here if you guys keep buying them?  Yeah, I
>know, we should not sell them.
>Importing "real toilets" from "up here?"  What do you use now in Oregon?
>(oops, three questions, but I answered one already)
>
>Chuck Vandergraaf in Manitoba and co-owner (with his wife) of two "real
>toilets" in the house (and a fake one? In the boat)

David P. Crandall, President
The NETWORK Inc.
136 Fenno Drive
Rowley MA 01969-1004 USA