Re: Parts Search -- All Points Bulletin

To: SDviewpnt@aol.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts Search -- All Points Bulletin
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:16:20 EDT
Steve... I don't know about using a washer behind the shift rod ... while it
might  (will)  work for a while... The shift forks are not made to hold the
gears in position- I would either repair the stop-pin on the first gear hub-
or replace it. Using the forks to position the gears is not making the box
more reliable- just the opposite.

That said... I and many others have driven many thousands of miles in old VW
buses- with a bungee cord holding it in forth gear.... (30 years ago...)

fred sisson