New ? car

To: "Morgans@autox.team.net"@autox.team.net
Subject: New ? car
From: "George Dow" <gdow@pylon8.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 17:44:17 -0000
Hi Guys
            I like technical inovation and am always interested in the
theorising that transpires from such discussions, I enjoy the display of
technical and scientific knowledge, though, seems the older I get the more
sceptical I become as to "new" thinking.  Typing as one who has a regular
acquaintance with a "LARGE" air start diesel generator that is probably
older than I, it seems that there is not an awfull lot that is new, most
being some adaptation of what has gone before ?

I have read/seen a few attempts at alternative thinking on fuels.......
Living in the UK where fuel costs are high , I guess that it is likely that
we may have additional incentive. I can remember various farmers running on
methane produced from varying sources...... Chickens or cows being the usual
though not exclusive suppliers........ The effects of pollution I can not
comment on though can only guess at the smell while fuelling (-:

As for Air... I can imagine the roadside attempts at top up from a stirrup
pump by a poor overweight motorist in a hot climate after a large
meal........
Pollution everywhere (-:

Alternative fuels.... Seems BMW have hydrogen fuelled cars that require
automated fuelling,  part of the process being to discharge static
electricity before connection and provide a blast of inert gas to disperse
hydrogen leaks around the filler during hook up.......All carried out by a
robot.

I guess should you ever find it hard to get your EFI Morgan to run in the
future, perhaps it could be converted to run on air ?  (-:

I guess I`ll stay faithfull to the old style engines for a while yet.

Cheers,   George.
Glasgow    Scotland.