Why a Morgan?

To: "Morgan List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Why a Morgan?
From: "Ross Jones" <rossjones@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:10:09 -0500
Guess I am being verbose toningt, or had to many ales. But this is my love
affair with the Morgan:

At age 17, I graduated from the U.S. Army Airborne and was stationed at the
82nd Airborne Div. HQ. G-2 in Ft. Bragg, N.C.. My Master Sergeant had just
returned from Viet Nam and purchased a dark blue 8 cylinder Morgan (1968 I
think). This man left the car sit out in the weather, no cover, and it
looked kind of ratty. But I loved the car. This man was a black man, and
during that time period in the U.S., he had no reason to befriend me. But he
did. And he let me drive this magnificent automobile. Every morning, as we
ran six miles to meet our airborne qualification I would gaze at this faded
blue Morgan.

One night, after drinks, he let me drive the car around the Ft. Bragg back
roads. To him, it was a "pussy" machine (meaning he could pick up ladies),
and he really wanted a Cadillac. But he really loved the Morgan. Never
forgot the man or the car, and I finally got mine last year. But it was not
blue and only 4 cyl. And Command Sgt. Mgr. Diffin is history. Nuff said.