+8, +4 (2) and Aquaplane-fitted beauty in Boston area

To: paulwill@storm.ca, "morgans@autox.team.net" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: +8, +4 (2) and Aquaplane-fitted beauty in Boston area
From: "David P. Crandall" <davidc@netwrk.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:44:42 -0500
Paul - again, Joe's on the money for the broadest reach of info on cars
that are advertised.  Otherwise, you can go to various "dealer/broker"
sources.  I can recommend Dennis Glavis at Los Gatos Ferrari without
reservation as one.  He's Prez of the NoCal club, exceptionally
knowledgeable, and has more used Morgans on the lot than anyone else
stateside, methinks [I don't know Cantab's inventory].  It may cost a bit
more but he represents the cars he has very accurately and is easy to deal
with.  Too bad you're not hot for a flat rad, he's got a spectacular yellow
and black item that I had to wipe my drool off during my last visit!  And,
he's still advertising it in the club mag so the price might be even more
negotiable now.

Locally here, I can connect you with a 1972 +8 [bright green wings, bright
yellow body - really stands out in a crowd!], a red +4 needing a new
engine, Bill Mancini's beautifully restored 1964 +4 that, at least in my
experience/view, is perhaps one of the finest +4s on the market [big $$$ of
course, but worth it], and there's local collector whose Aquaplane fitted
car is informally on the block [sorry I don't have particulars].  I'd be
happy to pursue more info on any of these if you're tempted.

I'll also note that, when I was doing my nationwide + UK search for my DHC,
I had no trouble calling fellow Morganeers in far distant places like Idaho
and asking them to sniff out a car so I didn't make a worthless
trip.  Also, Bob Couch will survey any car for you so long as he can get to
it.  Bob's in the Northwest but is one of the best restorer/mechanics in
the biz and when he tells you what a car needs you'll *really* know because
he's a very "picky" guy.  That said, he knows his stuff.  Natch, Bob's not
the only full-time pro who can do the deed - Greg Solow is another West
Coast wizard.  Anyway, there's a lot of help out there.  Good luck on your
quest!  David

David P. Crandall [aka mogdriver] MSCC #4128
136 Fenno Drive, Rowley MA 01969-1004 USA
978-948-7764 [o] 978-948-3309 [h] 978-948-7836 [f]
1963 +4 Morgan DHC  1966 Morgan 4/4   1966 Morris Minor Van
1966 Volvo 122S   2001 PTCruiser [after a mere six month wait!]