Indecision 2000

To: "morgan net" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Indecision 2000
From: "Gary Moles" <morgannz@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:51:38 +1300
Hi
My thanks to all those who replied, and with other options.
Here in New Zealand we have MMP (mixed member proportional) representation.
Half our Parliament is elected on individual votes per electorate and then
half is elected on the share of the total party vote throughout the
country - the latter known as a list vote.
Our experience so far is that a number of "list" members have changed
parties once they are in the Parliament. However they don't have to resign
when they do this, neither is their place taken by another person from the
list!
So, please America, don't feel too bad. I just hope you have a president
before 2004.
As Churchill once said, "Democracy is not a very good system but its the
best we've got at the moment".
Best regards to all, and Happy Morganeering.
Gary