Re: Morgan engine mount plate

To: deemi@juno.com
Subject: Re: Morgan engine mount plate
From: "Michael D. Miles, PE" <mdmiles@mdmpe.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 12:59:50 -0800
The front plate on my '62 +4 was bent a bit where the engine mounts
installed.  After straightening those and reinforcing the bends with
another gusset, it should be quite decent.  Prior to straightening
however, the engine mounts and isolators were well off any sort of
alignment (eyeball or otherwise).  I figure the car had some sort of
accident at one time since there have been other clues of distortion
and stress in other areas around the front.

As MOG47 indicated, the part should be quite straighforward to
fabricate if a reasonable sample is available to work from.

--
"Entropy Happens!"
Michael D. Miles, PE  Consulting Design Engineer