Re: Seat Belt Question

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat Belt Question
From: Phil Fisher <pcfisher@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 17:51:34 -0800
On our 1970 4/4 4-seater I've a single seat belt set attached for the
rear seat which I originally installed when I purchased the car in
1972.  At the time it was set up to fit our 4-year old son who had
outgrown the "boot" of the +4 (which necessitated finding the
4-seater).

This belt is attached rear frame cross member using large diameter
washers on the bottom and nylon lock nuts to avoid dimpling the cross
member.  Originally, a standard after-market seat belt worked just
fine to fit a 4-year old child.  I replaced the belt a year or so
since it was extremely brittle and probably would have held nothing
if called upon to do so.  This time I found and used an extra-long
after-market belt that was advertised on the box as "suitable for
pregnant women" of all things.  The extra length allows the belt to
actually go around an adult, if one is willing to undertake the
bug-filled exercise!

Technically it is legal, but.........

Phil Fisher
MSCC Northern California
1970 4/4 4-seater
1992 Plus 8

-------------------------
KatHaus7@aol.com wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
>  I am wondering if I can have seat belts added to my 67 +4 for the rear bench
>  seat.
>  I have 2 kids, and as of now, only one can ride with me at a time. =(
>  Any suggestions and or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Kat

///
///