Re: coolant recovery, Plus 4

To: cobmeister@zianet.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: coolant recovery, Plus 4
From: SDviewpnt@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:35:43 EST
Hey Colin!

I've done a number of things to get the Mog to run cooler.  I installed a
recovery set up from Morgan Spares.  It was the first thing that I tried and
it helped.  This car needed a few other cooling remedies and I think that we
finally have it reasonable.

This installation required a replacement filler neck for the tubing to the
bottle and a 7lbs. cap.  I think that the 4lbs. is too light.  We also rodded
the radiator, installed a new thermostat, installed Greg Solow's air
dam/scoop (looks great) and added foam around the radiator to force air thru
it.  Oh, and I put on a 5 bladed fan from Morgan Spares.  It helps but it is
noisier.  That fan actually produced the best example of the "Domino Theory"
since the fall of Eastern Europe to the Soviets.  A story best told during a
Morgan event and/or a cold one...

On the to do list is a below radiator air "spoiler" to break up the heated
air in the engine compartment.  If I still have problems (I do live in
Arizona), I might look at an oil cooler, a pre-cooling fan and a new aluminum
radiator.  If it's that hot out though, it probably would not be an enjoyable
experience anyway.

Regards,
Steve Dreiseszun
'56 Plus 4