Re: suv'in

To: sseidler@easterndatacomm.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: suv'in
From: CHarris990@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:17:28 EST
Scott,
I still think that yaking on a cell phone while driving is rather effeminate,
sort of like a teenage girl.  I have still the same view about the SUVs, that
is that in reality they are the same height as pre '54 cars and in fact have
less room than a '50 Plymouth.  Because we are around a lot of women who have
horses, and thus a need to haul trailers to carry equipment and hay, I know
that many prefer to use their PUs because they can see the traffic better.
As the price of fuel will probably reach $1.75 some I expect will get more
efficient trucks.  In my own case I think we will restore our ''55 Chevy PU
as it gets about 20mpg whereas the Dodge gets 14 and the 4X4 Ford about 8.
Never did think of Matilda as an economy car but we will probably use her
more of the time.  Since I am self-unemployed, being out on the streets with
all of the SUVs is not a driving problem for me.
Chuck Harris

In a message dated 1/17/01 8:24:29 AM Central Standard Time,