What`s a Suv ?

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: What`s a Suv ?
From: "George Dow" <gdow@pylon8.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:37:30 -0000
Hi There
             Who are we slandering now ?  (-:
I know my smile is backward, just like me, and when in the Scouts, everybody
was out of step while marching but me.....So my mother said.... Hmm!  If I
have a guess we are talking 4WD vehicles ?    And if the last two letters
represent, Utilitarian Vehicle ?  I`m afraid you guys best be good boxers or
at least a dab hand at swinging handbags (-:
Cause the Sloan Rangers and Knightsbridge set down London way with their
spotless Range Rovers who  regard major off roading to be putting a wheel up
on a curb would be FRANTIC !  If they thought they were associated with
ANYTHING utilitarian !!!

Apparently, although 4WD vehicles are heavier and generally higher, seems
they ain`t automatically safer, as in this country they have been known to
flip over the central crash barrier on UK motorways due to their high ground
clearance and the standard UK height for barriers, and according to a TV
report in an accident the occupants are perhaps not as safe as one might
imagine, in the crash test I saw they faired rather poorly compared to
saloons with crumple zones when subjected to the same forces......
Apparently
the stiffness of chassis had something to do with the results.  Though in a
Mog / 4WD altercation, I think I`d know which I`d feel safer in.

Cant speak for Blue hair`d ladies (-:  Though at my local Race track on a
"track day" , UK speak for, run what you brung, I had the great pleasure of
standing at the "hair pin" watching a pink hared diminutive lady laying
down rubber as she drifted all 4 wheels of her Bentley Mulsanne Turbo
through it lap after lap,  Ok, so the "statistics" are against the next 1.5
billion pink hairs I meet.... But at 51 I`m getting nearer silver hair every
day....... And I like Range Rovers !! So I ain't looking to upset folk (-:

Chuck, If you spent more time in the garage instead of typing, that Mog
would be finished   (-:    Though I`m one to talk..... I have a 55 TR2 that
has been under a tarp for ....13 yrs while I gathered spares !!!  My wife
calls it the flatpack, I`m sure the tarp has just adopted the shape and
there is nothing left under there but brown dust....... Still I have a load
of spare bits like a spare  engine starting with the identification ME.....
wonder what that came out of  (-:

Cheers,   George.

///
///