"A Yank At Malvern," Con't

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: "A Yank At Malvern," Con't
From: Michael Anderson <hchmca@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 07:48:19 -0800
After seeing some postings referencing Gary Bell's (a/k/a "Cuthbert J.
Twillie's") recently published book, "A Yank At Malvern," (of which I am
the proud owner of No. 4 off-the- press), I gave Gary a call to let him
know interest has been generating in his new publication.  Gary
responded with the following, which I promised to post here for the
general readership:

    "I have both of Fred Sisson's books (and every other book on Mogs
published in the last thirty years) and tried to stay on my side of the
issues in my book.  In rebuilding my car I took Fred's advice and
counsel on conveting to an alternator, and on another Mog, his take on
converting to an MGB pressure plate.  The alternator article is worth
the price of his book.  In his book he gives dimensions on Super Sports
seats he took off Don Simpkins' real Super Sports.  a year ago my wife
was commissioned to make Super Sports seats.  I made three seat frames
to Fred's drawings, one for development and two for her customer.  Using
Fred's specs, I did an article on actually making a set of seats.
    It's my opinion we're all in this together, and every Morgan owner
has something to contribute, some source, some shop, some mechanic, some
tool, some product, something that will make our beloved Mog that much
nicer to own, or drive, or repair, rebuild, remodel, repaint, etc. . .
.  .
    It is my hope that "A Yank At Malvern" will contribute towards
keeping the grin on your face and the smiles on the faces of those who
see and hear us burbling through the countryside on those warm summer
nights, top down, not perfect but as good as it needs to be."
                                                            Cuthbert

Just to confirm "Cuthbert's" address and telephone number for those who
are interested in obtaining a copy of "A Yank At Malvern" (which I
personally highly recommend), here they are again:  Gary duBois Bell,
P.O. Box 1010 Hoodsport, Washington 98548 USA Telephone Number (360)
877-5160.

Mike Anderson
'62 Plus 4
Medina, WA