Re: Cooling Difficulties w/ a Flat Rad

To: BobTescione <mogman@rpa.net>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling Difficulties w/ a Flat Rad
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:13:06 -0700
Hey Bob,

To me the symptoms sound like it is either a hose collapsing at speed or a
bad thermostat. Either is dead easy to check and unless they have been
replaced recently you probably ought to replace them anyway. If the problem
really does relate to speed (not just to time running) then the mechanical
problems become more likely.

Cheers!

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA
'41 Chevrolet Coupe 350/350, '65 Sunbeam Tiger (FOR SALE), '66 Morgan Plus
Four, '89 Alfa Romeo Spider (FOR SALE)

> From: BobTescione <mogman@rpa.net>
> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:14:56 -0500
> To: morgans@autox.team.net
> Subject: Cooling Difficulties w/ a Flat Rad
>
> Ladies and Gentlemen:
> I always enjoy and appreciate the groups knowledge to help us solve our
> individual problems with our Morgans and seeing that I've got another
> one to solve, I thought Id ask for your opinions.
>
> The subject is cooling and I know there has been lots of discussion
> around that general topic. Let me add a couple of different wrinkles to
> the situation. First off, my car is a flat-rad Plus 4 and the cooling
> difficulties that Im having only seem to occur at highway speeds above
> about 45MPH.  The car is currently resting comfortably awaiting spring,
> but on my way home from the Vintage Races at Watkins Glen last
> September,  the car overheated, and afterwards with the coolant level
> restored, I wasnt able to drive the car above about 45 before the temp
> started to climb again. I did drive the car again on a couple of
> occasions at lower speeds and didnt have a problem.

///
///