Hardtop mounting points

To: morgans@autox.team.net, mogtalk@mscc.uk.com, emog@lyris.dundee.net
Subject: Hardtop mounting points
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:41:56 -0400
When I had my Super Sports Body rebuilt at the factory, they sent it back
with these hardtop mounting points for the car, as originally according
to Graham Hall, who built the body in 1963 this is the way it came.

I have the original dual filler panel with an additional 13 holes over
the normal 13 that are in it, and it makes sense since extra holes are
located under the 'block' of wood that holds the inner edge of this
hardop panel.  It quite a complex 3 dimensions curved bit and well done.

I know my car was raced without a hardtop as best I can tell  (its later
racing pictures is all I have), and later had a top installed,

what interests me is

1)how was a hartop held in place? (straps?  bolted j hooks  in as in
healeys?

2)that may indicate why some of these extra holes exist

3 was there a back panel aside from the steel one or wood I have hear in
some cars, was it trimmed out on the back area?

4)my twin bendix pumps were located here under the hardtop mounts and
these went behind the roll bar.

5)pictures enclosed one is the right panel, the other with my old twin
filler panel to compare

Thanks

Bob Bowie in Maine
1963 Morgan SS 5381

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
IM002821.JPG]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
IM002823.JPG]