Morgan Tool kit update

To: morgans@autox.team.net, mogtalk@mscc.uk.com, emog@lyris.dundee.net
Subject: Morgan Tool kit update
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:52:31 -0500
Interest tidbit I ran across on the Morgan, in a parts list they give the
following tools for the Morgan Series II and Plus 4

the V4 stands for the plus four series, but it implies tools were
standard for both.  It does not mean all of these bits came with the car,
but the tool kit was standard at least from Fergus Motors.

now this set may have been changed later, but at least for the plus 4 and
series II  1955-60 this applies as standard.
I have included a few comments on the tool kit from earlier emails, will
up date this once more for the list.

                                              Comments from list

Jack V4-17-14
                                      Morgan Jack B.T.C Jack made in
England pat # 528933
Starting handle V4-17-30
Tyre inflator V4-17-15
Oil Can V4-17-17

Tool roll and Tools V4-17-31 (Comprising septarate items detailed below
       Comments from list
     Tool Roll V4-17-18
                                      vinyl black
     Grease Gun V4-17-16
     Feeler gauge V4-17-24
     Screwdriver and feeler gauge V4-17-24A
                          2 blade feeler gauge ?
     Tube spanner .51" and .57"  A/F V4-17-25
  tube sockets "1/2 X 9/16 and  3/4 X 13/16, the 13/16 fits
     Tube spanner .69" and .83" A/F V4-17-26
                          spark plugs and may be a Whitworth
     Open ended spanner .38" and .44" A/F V4-17-27
     Open ended spanner .51" and .57" A/F V4-17-28
     Open ended spanner .62" and .75 A/F V4-17-28A
     Valve Tool V4-17-2
                                      ? tire valve tool
     Pliers V4-17-5
     Screwdriver V4-17-6
                                       wooden handle
     Tommy Bar V4-17-8
                                      Tommie Bar" that is used with the
sockets
     Adjustable spanner V4-17-12
     Wheel nut spanner V4-17-13

Can anyone tell me if the wrench would actually have such numbers on them
or what the was this a standard whitworth size?

What does A/F stand for?  does your tommy bar have a bend in it or a
round head to hold it in place for the tube spanner sockets?

Can anyone find a spare parts list for the morgans in the early 60's?
the plus 4 and series IV and V would cover the right period?

I am hoping to confirm what came in the tool kit, for those interested.

Bob Bowie in Maine
63 Morgan Super Sports