Temp sender research for a Morgan +4 50-60's

To: emog@lyris.dundee.net
Subject: Temp sender research for a Morgan +4 50-60's
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 08:35:33 -0500
I am doing some research, and have a bit now on the Temp sender as used
in a Morgan+4,

They are rare and unobtainium in general.

But in case our bretheren ever find one, for an original Morgan setup it
was a TT1200 Smith sender.

Its found in the MG Magnette engine, which I understand is similar to the
MGA, and it is also found in mid 50's Bentleys

so if one finds a parts car Magnette or engine, or have some NOS british
bits about, please take a look.

There are conversions offered but I am trying to find an original first
for my Super Sports.

I understand from the MG Magnette list they might be fixable so if broken
keep it or send it to me!

any further clues or other uses very much appreciated, especially if
someone can look up the sender in a reference to clarify
if it was used on any other cars and the years applied.  With such an
important bit to the Morgan's safety, we need all the information out
there we
can get!  Will updated anything shared, as this list has been a treasure
trove.

Best Regards,

Bob Bowie in Maine
63 Morgan Super Sports