Re: [Nobbc] Spoke wire wheel

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Spoke wire wheel
From: TIM THRESH <tsthresh@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:54:12 -0800
Monroe is a great place, they fix everything even if you buy the tires
elsewhere (eg coker.com). If you mean that you want someone to fix broken
spokes then that is a different game. I do my own but I know that this means
they do not run "true" and more break as a result. Snce my MGA does very
little high speed freeway work this MAY not be an issue.

I have Monroe remove the tire, do my own spokes (Moss parts) then have Monroe
re-install/balance.

BTW Monroe moved to SR Avenue just north of Hwy 12 overpass on the west side.

Tim

> Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:33:43 -0800
> From: nobbc@sonic.net
> To: nobbc@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Spoke wire wheel
>
> I don't have wire wheels but if I did Monroe Tires would be the first
> place I'd check. They worked on my tubed tires (when I had them) and
> also aligned my MGA. Extremely competent, they've been around for a
> looong time, located on Santa Rosa Ave. just south of Hwy 12 across from
> Santa Rosa Auto Parts.
>
> Ron
> 58 MGA
>
> Klein, Kris wrote:
>
> > My Healey tire went flat in the garage and don't know where to take it in
> > around here (Windsor) to have it repaired. I called Les Schwab and they
told
> > me to bring it in and they would look at it to see if they could repair it
but
> > I thought instead of wasting my time, I would email the group to see what
is
> > recommended.
> > Thanks,
> > Krissy Klein