Re: [Nobbc] TR4A is back in Calif.

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] TR4A is back in Calif.
From: rlmossholder@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 03:51:42 +0000 (UTC)
Gerry,

Glad to read that you made it, sounds like it was a great trip.
I just rebuilt the engine for my spitfire. I have been told to use a racing oil
with zinc. DO NOT use a zinc additive with modern detergent oils. It will gum
up the detergent in the oil and render the cleaning properties of the detergent
useless. The result will be contaminated oil, a clogged filter, and excessive
wear on the cam and bearings. The racing oils with zinc are specially
formulated to work with our flat tappet cams.

Just my 2 cents.
Rich
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47