Re: [oletrucks] paint question

To: Brad Newman <bkn@cyberramp.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] paint question
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 08:05:37 -0500
I just painted my truck Forester Green with PPG enamel mixed to an original
paint code as specified in a article in This Old Truck by Bob Adler.   I
would have rather used urethane but was told that it wasn't available in
that code. A friend of mine also has done some painting in the same color
with Dupont  enamel supplied by Jim Carter supposedly mixed to original
formula. There is quite a difference in color even though they are both
enamels.  As far a durability enamel is considered obsolete by some. I'm
told by the dealer that BC/CC  and to a lesser degree urethane will not give
you an original look.

Grant 50 3100