[oletrucks] Carter Carb Parts

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Carter Carb Parts
From: "BelAir Bob" <rogerz@planetwide.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 23:30:40 -0800
Friends,

Does any know if I can buy various parts like throttle valves, metering
rods etc. for an old Carter 4bbl.  I recently purchased a Carter 2505S that
has been neglected for many years.  The throttle shafts were siezed, the
throttle flage mounting screws were rusted to the point I had to drill the
heads off and the accelerator pump was frozen, basically, the whole thing
was frozen.  I have managed to get everything apart but some of the parts
aren't suitable to be reused.  Is NAPA my best option or does any know of a
carb restoration shop that would sell parts?  Any leads would be greatly
appreciated.

Robert
57 1/2 ton Panel custom
57 Belair Sport Coupe restored to factory specs.
and a few others