Re: [oletrucks] TF Light Switch Removal?

To: Don <dhartman@sunvalley.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF Light Switch Removal?
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 13:40:25 -0500

At 10:57 AM 3/21/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello-  Does anyone know of a sure-fire way of removing the knob on a Task
>Force Deluxe (chrome) light switch without damaging the knob?  I have a new
>switch, but am not sure how to get the knob off to remove the old one from
>the dash.  (it does not have set screws...)  Thanks in advance,  -Don
>
>'55 2nd DeLuxe

Don
There'as a little spring loaded button at the very back of the switch, you
press that in and then pull the knob straight out like you're turning on
the lights. If you have it depressed all the way the shaft and knob will
come out, then you just unscrew the bezel and the switch will fall down.
It's a little tricky, sometimes the old spring loaded button doesn't want
to depress right, just keep fiddlin' with it and it will come.

Bill Bailey
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck