Re: [oletrucks] '56 6500 Stake

To: dpewter@email.msn.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '56 6500 Stake
From: FRVT83E@prodigy.com ( MIKE BOTELER)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 21:29:24, -0500
>>You know if you sent this to the list that you were bound to get a
lot
bites.  I could be interested in the 235 if it is not too far away;
where
are you located?  How much is the asking price?  What general
condition is
the engine in (miles, rebuilds/rebuild sizes, etc.)?

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX
49 3104 216 5-Window<<

Doug, I just went out in the garage to find the engine numbers so you
or someone else could help me figure out what engine we have.

Block Cast# 3764476   B49
Head Cast # 3836848

Block Stamped # F205A

Tag behind the Starter reads:

WHEELER'S Corp. Engine Remanufacture

   C 040     M 010     R 010

This engine was in my sons '56 3100 when we got it.  It was running
and I was able to drive it about 5 miles before the brake line failed.
...as I recall (been almost 3 years) the engine was fine it just
wouldn't stay in 3rd gear!

I would like to get $200.00 for it, we live in Maryland, about 1 hour
from Wash. DC.  Wish I could tell you more!

We will be going to Charlotte, NC for the parts meet/flea market
April 8-11.  We could deliver there!?

Mike B. '56 8400 Wrecker  :)